Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My parents dont like my guy b/c he's a career in Information Technology he's great, but what shud i do?

i cannot lose him, for he';s a woderful person, but they fele that he won't be able to support me b/c IT jobs are becomign les. theyt want me to go for guys only in healthcare field, as they have more job opportunities. this is a cultural thing, biut i hate it. we both care for each other, he has a good job, and he's genlte, unliek the guys in my culture, which i'm not attracted to. what shud i do? i'm 23 years old, and applying for jobs so i can move out. shud i move out? also, i knwo maybe my parens wanted the best for me at first, but dismissing my guy is wrong, and callign him a loser and ordinary is also wrong. what shud i do? i'm sick and tied of their pushing me around. he's hard working, caring and loiving, but my indian parents(being close minded like my culture is) won't accept him and will disown me, but i cannot always go by what they always want, esp. not when he;'s a great guy, and i'm not into indian guys. help! are my parents not being close minded and wrong?

My parents dont like my guy b/c he's a career in Information Technology he's great, but what shud i do?
You are 23 years old - meaning you now have the right to choose what you want to do with your life. Most commonly I would rather say that "parents know best," but in this situation it seems they are over-acting and becoming unreasonable with you. If I were in your shoes - I would outrightly tell my parents how I feel, and confront them. I wouldn't fight with them - I will just tell them clearly and remind them of how old I am and that I should be independent. Now if you think you can live alone now - why not move out, so that you have more freedom. They cannot tell you who to marry because after all - it is not them who will live with your future husband - it is you who is going to live through that marriage. Most of arranged marriages I know fail. And to tell you, I have a lot of Indian friends (both male and female) who have chosen to go for love marriages instead of arranged ones or those chosen by parents. They are living happily to date. Good luck with you decision, God Bless You.
Reply:It sounds like he's a great guy. If he's got a good job, he takes good care of you and you love him, then stand up to your parents. Move out if you have to, get a job if you need to, but if you're THAT sure that you've found the one guy that will make you happy, then take the chance for him.





I know everybody wants their daughters to grow up and marry a rich doctor who will support them, but to demand that you only marry a doctor is ridiculous. Remind them that Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, was "just" an IT guy when he got started. Now, he's quite possibly the richest man in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment