Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finding a job in D.C.?

I am currently a teacher but have decided to make a career change. I want to move to Washington D.C. and work in politics or Non-profits. I have a B.A. in history and obviously teaching certification, I also have some Grad School credits. Does anyone have any advice on where I should begin looking for jobs? Or do you think i should relocate and then find a job. I am not the kind of person who needs exuberant amounts of money, just enough to live off. Really I just want to find a career that is interesting and challenging and would appreciate anyone who can help poit me in the right direction.

Finding a job in D.C.?
Look online for a while and see if you can get any interviews. If not and you are still sure you want to do it, move and start hitting the pavement. You can always substitute teach or even get a teaching job while you look as they are always short of teachers in DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment